YOD 2019 Volunteer Application Deadline: July 08, 2019 @ 11:59pm
You must attend mandatory YOD Volunteer Training on: August 08, 2019 @ 9:00am – 6:00pm (Food provided. Time is tentative, the training may be longer).
You must attend York Orientation Day: September 03, 2019 @ 10:00am – 9:00pm (Food provided)
Click here (https://health.apps01.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=511508) for more information on the application process and volunteer responsibilities.
Are you looking to upgrade your resume or develop your leadership skills? You’re in luck! Stong and Calumet Colleges invite you to join our York Orientation Day Team! We are looking for energetic, friendly and team-oriented volunteers to join us on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019, to help welcome incoming students into the YU community. This is a great opportunity where you will benefit from:
- Developing leadership skills through tailored training programs
- Expanding professional networks with professors, staff and peers
- Sharpening interpersonal skills through sharing your wisdom and experience
- Increasing volunteer hours on your YU-Connect co-curricular record
- Obtaining transferable skills for your resume (leadership, interpersonal, etc.)
That’s not all! Volunteering for YOD will also make you eligible to be considered for Calumet & Stong Colleges’ Peer Ambassador Program. Peer Ambassadors are the Colleges’ representatives who assist with the implementation of a variety of student success programs throughout the academic year including: Health & Wellness Workshops, Student Welcome Events, Holiday Celebrations, Fall Campus Day, Careers Matter, Peer Leadership Training, and much more. In addition to the above, the benefits of being a Peer Ambassador include:
- Consideration for the Calumet and Stong Colleges Peer Leader Award(s) if you complete your duties
- Consideration for a Letter of Recommendation if you exceed College Heads’ expectations (going above and beyond the call of duty)
- Preferred Consideration for Paid Work-Study Opportunities based on performance
- Exclusive Access to Professional Training Sessions